Learning you are pregnant can be traumatic. You should never be pressured into making a decision about your pregnancy. Our clinical team can be trusted to communicate medically-current options information to you and others you include in your support system. We strive to provide a safe place for you to make the healthiest decision possible.
Questions to Ask
If you think you’re pregnant, it’s important to start by answering a few questions:
- Are you really pregnant?
- How far along are you?
- Are you at risk for natural miscarriage?
- Do you have an ectopic pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention?
A positive pregnancy test does not always indicate a sustainable pregnancy; however an ultrasound can confirm what is happening in your body. This valuable information will help you better understand what options are available to you.
Information to Know
Not all abortions are the same. It’s important to learn the facts before making a decision:
- What kinds of abortions are available to you?
- What are your rights with abortion providers?
- Are there any short-term or long-term risks to consider?
- What are your legal rights?
- Are there any other options available?
We can help you answer these questions and educate you on the risks of each option so that you can make a medically-informed decision.
The specific cost of an abortion depends on the type of abortion (determined by the gestational age of the baby) and by the abortion provider you select. Abortion costs can also vary by area of the country.
The cost of abortions in Idaho* are as follows:
- Medication Abortion / Abortion Pill (within 10 weeks gestation): $550 – $850
- Suction Aspiration / Vacuum Abortion (6-12 weeks gestation): $800 – $1500
- Dilation and Curettage (13-16 weeks gestation): $1050 – $1800
- Dilation and Evacuation (17-21 weeks gestation): $1700 – $2300
If you are considering abortion, your first step is a pre-abortion assessment appointment, where our medical team can discuss your options in a pressure-free environment. All pregnancy services are free and confidential, and we never financially benefit from your decision.
*These costs are from plannedparenthood.org